After nearly 20 years in big Tokyo I was feeling burned out in my not-so-successful "career" in the service industry, knocking on several ceilings....so after a chance discovery of cheap old farmhouses we set out towards the countryside - but still close enough for my wife to further pursue her working live, commuting by Shinkansen while I would take care of the house and kids and build my own little cafe at home...
Our first bump came when we realized that the bank wasn't willing to give a loan for an old rundown house on some worthless property in the "Hinterland". So, we changed plans and will be building a new house. We already bought the plot last year, with about 400 square meters size, and I have started the vegetable garden beforehand, next project will be the garden house.

18 April, 2011

Cafe + Hannah

Neulich waren wir zum Mittagessen in einem gemütlichen Cafe
The other day we went for lunch at a nice and cozy Cafe
先日、近くのカフェでランチ食べに行きました

"Hallo Papa, schönes Sofa haben die hier!"
"Hi daddy, nice sofa they got here!"
”ねパパ、このソファは気持ちいいな!”

"Und gut riechen tut es auch, macht mich richtig hungrig"
"And that nice smell, makes me really hungry"
”このいいにおいで、なんか食べたくなちゃうな”

"Also, was sagst du, Zeit zum Essen?"
"So, what do you say, time to eat?"
”って、ご飯の時間?”

"Hallo Mama, das sieht ja richtig lecker aus was du da hast"
"Hi mom, that sure looks delicious"
”ねママ、それ美味しそう!”

"Ist das Stück für mich?"
"Is that piece for me?"
”その一口は、私の?”

"Das da, ja genau das"
"Yes, that one, right there"
”そ、それだよ”

"Hey, was machst du da?"
"Hey, what are you doing?"
”おい、なにしての?”

"Das war nicht nett Mama, ich will mein Essen, los...!"
"Hey mom, thats not nice, give me my food, come on now..!"
”ねママ、それはずるいよ、私にちょうだいよ、ねぇぇてば…!”

No comments:

Post a Comment