After nearly 20 years in big Tokyo I was feeling burned out in my not-so-successful "career" in the service industry, knocking on several ceilings....so after a chance discovery of cheap old farmhouses we set out towards the countryside - but still close enough for my wife to further pursue her working live, commuting by Shinkansen while I would take care of the house and kids and build my own little cafe at home...
Our first bump came when we realized that the bank wasn't willing to give a loan for an old rundown house on some worthless property in the "Hinterland". So, we changed plans and will be building a new house. We already bought the plot last year, with about 400 square meters size, and I have started the vegetable garden beforehand, next project will be the garden house.

18 June, 2011

It has been quite a while that I snapped "rolls of film" at Hannah, mainly because of longer working hours and building The Garden, but today was an early-off day, so I took the chance while playing with Hannah on the floor to hold down her developments
Sitting in her whole beauty, 9 months and 2 days old, and actually not much heavier than a month ago, because she started to use more of that stored energy, wiggling around in my arms and "moving" around on the floor (more about that later)

Hannah loves to play with balloons, pouncing or scratching it

Also this was the first to time to play with a helium-filled one that would float up when let free

Hannah has gotten more and more hair, especially in the middle, making her look cute like Kewpie!

Well, not always of course...

And sometimes even less

So, here's what Hannah loves most about balloons

Searching for the knotted end

Chewing

Pulling...

Pulling more!

Let go, and repeat

Hannah has also started to move around more on the floor, rather quick actually

There is only one problem

It's only working backwards!

Docking in

I just hope she will not drive car like that backwards: bouncing off left and right, until cornered in!

In the first pic, Hannah sits in the shadow, than I swiveled the ceiling light for more brightness. Still the first pics turned out rather grainy, noise, because my camera was working on ISO 10.000! The biggest apperture on my zoom lens is only F 3.5, and I had the time set to 1/50, but that still wasn't enough. I also did a lot of the shots "from the hip", pointing the camera at Hannah without looking through the finder. If you don't get too close, you can still crop the picture afterwards to get it balanced. This way you will get a very different angle, eg looking upwards to the face, making the composition much more interesting (but also showing a very different area in the background)

No comments:

Post a Comment